RadioPotato’s Top 5 Songs of December 2010
As we count down the moments to the final countdown of 2010, it’s a perfect time to think about new beginnings. As you move into 2011 hopeful with your fresh New Year’s Resolutions ready to rock, here are RadioPotato’s Top 5 Songs before you abandon them shortly after. Click on the continuous playlist below and your life will dramatically improve. As always, be sure to VOTE for your favorite at the bottom of this post. Happy Holidays!
1. MIIKE SNOW – “BLACK AND BLUE” – defined as “intelligent pop music,” Black and Blue is an electro-rock song that teeters on the brink of being a club thumper with its dazzling synth runs but has too much of a rock edge to put it neatly in a box. Miike Snow is a trio of 2 Swedes and an American with a fascinatingly familiar background. Official Website | Facebook | Twitter | Download
2. HOT BODIES IN MOTION – “OLD HABITS” – “Old Habits” will knock you right on your ASS! Seattle’s burgeoning with a whole new crop of talent. Hot Bodies’ straightforward rock sounds like Wolfmother meets some funky blues. Ben Carson’s voice sounds like a modern version of Paul Rodgers’ bone-shaking wail circa Bad Company. New EP is released 1/8/2011 but you can get a free download and pre-order the EP here. Big thanks to @254mochacharlie for another stellar music suggestion. Official Website | Facebook | Twitter
3. THE MYNABIRDS – “LET THE RECORD GO” – Delivered with a slice of Lily Allen’s pop-infused bite and Regina Spektor’s piano-driven passion, The Mynabirds, aka Omaha, NE’s Laura Burhenn, gives “Let The Record Go” a refreshingly different twist. Test-run with some of my music zealot friends, this song got an emphatic 100% approval. Official Website | Facebook | Twitter | Download
4. FRESHMILLIONS – “FOREVER” – Recognized as NPR’s Song of the Day as an effervescent collage of sound, this song is like an electronic journey into funk with layers of keyboards, melodies, and then melodies within melodies. Produced by Bryan Richie of Austin’s The Sword, this song not only has an electro-funk sound but has live instruments that puts this song on the map. No video yet but here’s the song. MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | Download
5. THE SWEET REMAINS – “DANCE WITH ME” – I had an old-school mix CD made for me with this song on it and I was instantly swooning. Acclaimed singer-songwriters Rich Price, Greg Naughton, and Brian Chartrand came together to make a successful side project of acoustic folk rock. “Dance With Me” has rich harmonies, acoustic guitars, and an undeniably catchy tune perfect for an enjoyably relaxing day. Crosby Stills and Nash reincarnated in a modern melodic folk-fest. If you like this style of music, make sure you download another acoustic super-group’s music, TFDI. Official Website | Facebook | Twitter | Download
THANKS FOR CHECKING THE TUNES OUT! Please take a moment to vote for your favorite:
For more music musings, stalk RadioPotato at Facebook, Twitter, RadioPotato’s RSS Feed, and at music news super-site, The Silver Tongue where I’m a contributor. Thanks for checking the music out and as always, support emerging artists!