The Best Love Songs You’ve Never Heard
Remember those Love Compilation CD’s you could order off of TV? Ever notice they had more break-up songs than love songs? Anyway, ’tis the season for love and RadioPotato put together some ACTUAL love songs that if your clothes are still on by the third track, then something is wrong. If you’re over Bryan Adams and Bruno Mars for your love mix, these are the best love songs you’ve never heard. Give someone a squeeze and hit play!
1. “I Know” – Meaghan Smith old fashioned and sweet
2. “Another Day” – Jamie Lidell impossible not to get up and dance…and how is this song by a white dude?
3. “Baby” – Devendra Banhart quirky, artsy, and light
4. “Lay Back Down” – Eric Lindell awwww, sookie sookie
5. “Hung the Moon” – Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors friends, don’t be surprised if this song is played at my wedding
6. “We Got Love” – Ryan Shaw upbeat soul
7. “You Picked Me” – A Fine Frenzy an emotional build of heart-thumping passion
8. “All Dressed Up” – Citizen Cope every girl wants to be captivating
9. “The Builder” – Prairie Dance Club sweeping sonic layers of a dream
10. “Forget Me Not” – The Civil Wars might as well be a turn-of-the-century epic love story
11. “Better Than Love” – Griffin House Awwww, yeah!
12. “Charmed Life” – Joy Williams This chanteuse has the midas touch. Uniquely catchy, this song was featured in Grey’s Anatomy
13. “You’re the Ocean” – Teitur Undeniably rich pop tones from this Danish musician
14. “Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever” – Susan Tedeschi Her bluesy power will rip your insides to shreds
15. “Dance With Me” – The Sweet Remains a rich folk-fest of harmonies
16. “Cupid” – Sam Cooke now how could I not include this song?
For more music musings, stalk RadioPotato at Facebook, Twitter, RadioPotato’s RSS Feed, and at music news super-site, The Silver Tongue where I’m a contributor. Thanks for checking the music out and as always, support emerging artists! Thanks for reading and I hope Cupid’s arrow finds you…